How do you find the wifi password when you are already connected
If you’re already connected to a Wi-Fi network on your device and want to find the password, you can follow these steps:
On a Windows computer,
- Open the Start menu, and type “network and sharing center.” Click on the result to open it.
- In the Network and Sharing Center, click on the name of the Wi-Fi network you’re connected to.
- In the Wi-Fi Status dialog box, click on the “Wireless Properties” button.
- In the Wireless Network Properties dialog box, go to the Security tab.
- Under “Network security key,” check the box next to “Show characters.” The Wi-Fi password should be displayed in the “Network security key” field.
On a Mac, you can follow these steps:
- Click on the Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar and select “Open Network Preferences.”
- Click on the Advanced button in the lower-left corner of the window.
- Select the Wi-Fi network you’re connected to from the list and click on the “Show Password” checkbox.
- Enter your admin username and password when prompted.
- The Wi-Fi password should be displayed in the password field.
Note: You will need administrative access to the device to view the Wi-Fi password on both Windows and Mac.