How to install python in windows 10 using cmd
You can install Python on Windows 10 using the Command Prompt (CMD) by following these steps:
- Download the Python installer: Go to the official Python website at https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/ and download the Python installer for Windows.
- Open the Command Prompt: Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box. Type “cmd” and press Enter to open the Command Prompt.
- Navigate to the directory containing the Python installer: Use the “cd” command to navigate to the directory where you saved the Python installer. For example, if you saved the installer in the Downloads folder, you would type “cd Downloads” and press Enter.
- Run the Python installer: Type the name of the Python installer file, followed by “.exe” and press Enter. For example, if you downloaded Python 3.10.2, you would type “python-3.10.2.exe” and press Enter.
- Follow the installation wizard: The Python installation wizard will guide you through the installation process. You can choose the default options or customize the installation as needed.
- Verify the installation: After the installation is complete, you can verify that Python is installed by typing “python” in the Command Prompt and pressing Enter. This should open the Python interpreter, which you can use to run Python code.
That’s it! You have now installed Python on your Windows 10 computer using the Command Prompt.