How to install windows 10 from windows 7 without losing data
To install Windows 10 from Windows 7 without losing data, you can follow these steps:
- Backup your data: Before you start the installation process, it’s important to back up all your important files and data to an external hard drive or cloud storage service.
- Download the Windows 10 installation media: You can download the Windows 10 installation media from the Microsoft website.
- Create a bootable USB or DVD: Once you have downloaded the Windows 10 installation media, you can create a bootable USB or DVD using a tool like Rufus or Windows USB/DVD Download Tool.
- Install Windows 10: Insert the bootable USB or DVD into your computer and restart it. Follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows 10. During the installation process, choose the “Upgrade” option to keep your files and data intact.
- Complete the setup process: Once the installation is complete, you will need to go through the setup process, which includes creating a new user account and setting up your preferences.
- Restore your data: Once you have completed the setup process, you can restore your data from the backup you created earlier.
Note: It’s important to make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 10 before attempting to upgrade. You should also check that all your hardware and software is compatible with Windows 10.