Famous places to visit in north india
North India is home to some of the most famous tourist destinations in India. Here are some of the top places to visit in North India:
- Taj Mahal – Located in Agra, the Taj Mahal is one of the most iconic and famous structures in the world.
- Golden Temple – The Golden Temple is a Sikh shrine located in Amritsar, Punjab. It is a sacred place of worship and is one of the most important pilgrimage sites for Sikhs.
- Red Fort – The Red Fort is a historic fort in Delhi, built in the 17th century by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan.
- Hawa Mahal – The Hawa Mahal is a palace in Jaipur, Rajasthan. It is known for its unique architecture and is a popular tourist attraction.
- Varanasi – Varanasi is one of the oldest cities in the world and is located on the banks of the River Ganges. It is a holy city for Hindus and is known for its ghats and temples.
- Jaipur – Jaipur is the capital city of Rajasthan and is known for its historic forts, palaces, and vibrant markets.
- Rishikesh – Rishikesh is a spiritual town located in Uttarakhand. It is known for its yoga and meditation centers, and is a popular destination for adventure sports like white water rafting.
- Leh-Ladakh – Leh-Ladakh is a remote region in Jammu and Kashmir, known for its stunning natural beauty and unique culture.
- Shimla – Shimla is a hill station in Himachal Pradesh and is known for its colonial architecture, scenic views, and pleasant climate.
- Haridwar – Haridwar is a holy city in Uttarakhand, located on the banks of the River Ganges. It is known for its temples and is an important pilgrimage site for Hindus.