How to fix Snap chat filters not working
If Snapchat filters are not working properly, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Check for updates: Make sure you have the latest version of Snapchat installed on your device. Go to the App Store (for iOS) or Google Play Store (for Android) and check for any available updates. Install them if necessary.
- Restart Snapchat: Close the Snapchat app completely and relaunch it. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen (on iPhone X and newer) or press the Recent Apps button (on Android) to access the app switcher. Swipe left or right to locate Snapchat and swipe it off the screen to close it. Then, open Snapchat again.
- Clear Snapchat cache: Excessive cached data can sometimes cause issues with Snapchat filters. To clear the cache, go to Snapchat settings by tapping on your Bitmoji or profile icon in the top left corner of the camera screen. Then go to Settings > Clear Cache > Clear All. Note that this will delete all cached data, but your account and snaps will remain intact.
- Enable filters and lenses: Make sure that filters and lenses are enabled in your Snapchat settings. Open Snapchat, go to your profile, tap on the gear icon (Settings) in the top right corner, and then navigate to Privacy > Filters. Ensure that the toggle for “Filters” is enabled.
- Check camera and permissions: Ensure that Snapchat has permission to access your device’s camera. Go to your device’s settings and find the Snapchat app in the list of installed apps. Enable the camera permission if it’s disabled.
- Update device software: If you’re using an outdated version of the operating system, it may cause compatibility issues with Snapchat. Update your device’s software to the latest version available.
- Reinstall Snapchat: If the above steps don’t resolve the issue, you can try uninstalling Snapchat and then reinstalling it from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android). Remember to log in with your credentials after reinstalling.
If the problem persists even after trying these steps, you can reach out to Snapchat Support for further assistance. They may have specific troubleshooting steps or insights to help you resolve the issue.