How to fix Google pixel 7 pro touch glass replacement
Replacing the touch glass on a Google Pixel 7 Pro can be a delicate process, but with the right tools and steps, it is possible to do it yourself. Here’s a general guide on how to fix the touch glass on a Google Pixel 7 Pro:
- Gather the necessary tools: You will need a heat gun or hairdryer, a suction cup, a thin plastic pry tool, a Phillips screwdriver, adhesive strips or double-sided adhesive tape, and a replacement touch glass screen.
- Power off the device: Ensure that your Google Pixel 7 Pro is turned off before proceeding with the repair.
- Remove the SIM card tray: Use a SIM card eject tool or a paperclip to eject the SIM card tray on the side of the device. Set it aside.
- Heat the edges: Use a heat gun or hairdryer on a low setting to warm up the edges of the device. This will soften the adhesive and make it easier to remove the touch glass.
- Insert the pry tool: Once the edges are heated, gently insert the thin plastic pry tool between the touch glass and the device’s frame. Start from one of the edges and carefully work your way around the device, applying light pressure to separate the touch glass from the adhesive.
- Lift the touch glass: Once the touch glass is loosened from the adhesive, use the suction cup to lift it slightly. Be cautious not to pull too hard, as there may be ribbon cables or connectors underneath.
- Disconnect ribbon cables: Carefully disconnect any ribbon cables or connectors that are attached to the touch glass. These cables typically control the touch functionality and display.
- Remove the touch glass: Once all the cables are disconnected, lift the touch glass away from the device completely. Take note of any adhesive strips or tape that may still be attached to the touch glass or the device’s frame.
- Clean the device: Use a microfiber cloth or lint-free cloth to clean any debris or adhesive residue from the device’s frame.
- Apply adhesive: If the replacement touch glass does not come with adhesive strips or tape pre-installed, you will need to apply them. Follow the instructions provided with the adhesive strips or use double-sided adhesive tape to apply it to the device’s frame.
- Connect ribbon cables: Carefully reconnect the ribbon cables or connectors to the new touch glass, ensuring they are securely attached.
- Place the touch glass: Align the new touch glass with the device’s frame and gently press it into place. Ensure that it is properly aligned and sits flush with the frame.
- Reassemble the device: Put the SIM card tray back into the device. If you removed any screws during the process, make sure to reinsert them in their original positions.
- Test the touch functionality: Power on your Google Pixel 7 Pro and test the touch functionality of the new touch glass. Make sure that it responds accurately to your touch inputs.
Please note that this is a general guide, and the actual repair process may vary depending on the specific model and manufacturer of your touch glass replacement. It’s always a good idea to consult detailed tutorials or seek professional assistance if you are unsure or uncomfortable performing the repair yourself.