How to fix locked games in PS4
If you are experiencing locked games on your PS4, it could be due to various reasons such as license issues, software updates, or account-related problems. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:
- Restore Licenses: Go to the PS4 settings menu, then select “Account Management” > “Restore Licenses.” This process will refresh your licenses and may unlock the locked games.
- Check for Game Updates: Make sure your games are up to date by selecting the game icon on the PS4 home screen, pressing the “Options” button on your controller, and selecting “Check for Update.” Sometimes, games require updates to function properly.
- Rebuild Database: Turn off your PS4 completely, then hold the power button until you hear two beeps (one when you initially press it and another after around seven seconds). Connect your controller via USB and select “Rebuild Database” from the Safe Mode menu. This process can help resolve various system issues that may be affecting your games.
- Verify Account Information: Ensure that you are logged in to your PS4 with the correct account that owns the games. If you have multiple accounts, make sure the games are associated with the account you are using.
- Restore Default Settings: If none of the above steps work, you can try restoring your PS4’s default settings. Go to the settings menu, select “Initialization,” and choose “Restore Default Settings.” This will reset your console to its factory settings, so be aware that it will erase any personalized settings or data.
If the problem persists after trying these steps, you may need to contact PlayStation Support for further assistance. They can provide additional troubleshooting steps or guide you through more specific solutions based on your situation.